Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Salad...It's What's for Dinner!

As someone who is gluten free, salads are a staple in my diet. Quite honestly I can tire of them and try to reserve eating them at restaurants where I may have limited options. However, there is nothing like a big salad that has all of my favorite ingredients. Recently all three of my kids started eating salads which has made it so much easier to add them to our dinner menu as a side dish. Then I decided that it was time to make salad the main dish rather than just the side. In order to do this I want to make it fun for my kids so what better way to do it than create our own salad bar! The great thing about this idea is that you can cater to your family's likes and even just use what you have on hand. Here's how to do it:

Start with lettuce
Cut up several veggies, meats and other toppings
Let everyone serve themselves

Can you get any easier than that! Here are some ideas for toppings:

chicken or meat of your choice
hard boiled eggs
cheese
carrots
tomatoes
cucumbers
peppers
onions
nuts
seeds
cranberries
berries
apples
grapes

The list is really endless which is why it is great for family's that have different likes and dislikes. This goes great with some French bread or a bowl of soup and is a great meal anytime of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment